Full Day Tour to Sigiriya and Dambulla from Colombo
Full Day Tour to Sigiriya and Dambulla from Colombo by local tour operator in Sri Lanka.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Climb to the ruins on Sigiriya Rock and explore the Buddha-statue-packed caves of Dambulla—this small-group tour from Colombo removes the stress from visiting two of Sri Lanka’s highlights. Settle into an air-conditioned vehicle with a driver-guide, and admire the scenery on route into the island’s lush heartlands. Visit Dambulla and then stop at Sigiriya, where you can climb the rock or just stroll its gardens. Admissions are at your own expense. Visit Sigiriya Rock and Dambulla’s temples on a day trip from Colombo Experience two UNESCO-listed sites with ease and a driver-guide for info See Dambulla’s Buddha-filled caves and ascend to Sigiriya’s ruins Maximum 15 travelers with return transport included; entry fees at own cost.
- Colombo (Pass By) Our Driver will meet your at the lobby from your pickup location choose we recommended to be at lobby 10 mins before activity. if you able to get the Packed breakfast from hotel.
- Cafe Amakie Get Refresh your self with some coffees can assure you that this is the best coffee and cafe you’d find Such great service and it’s a very clean set up.
- Dambulla Cave Temple Dambulla cave temple also known as the Golden Temple of Dambulla is a World Heritage Site in Sri Lanka, situated in the central part of the country. This site is situated 148 kilometres east of Colombo and 72 kilometres north of Kandy. Dambulla is the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka.
- Dambulla Dedicated Economic Centre (Pass By) Located in the Dambulla SecretariatDivision of Matale District, in the center of Dambulla town started in 1999 to establish a wholesale market for vegetables and fruits. One important feature of the DDEC is thus more direct participation of the farmers is selling farm produce.
- Golden Temple of Dambulla The Rock Temple of Dambulla, called Jumbukola Vihara (Dambulla Cave Temple) in the (Mahavamsa)-the principal Pali Chronicle of Sri Lanka, is situated about forty seven miles north west of Kandy, the last capital of the Sinhalese kings, on the main road to Anuradhupura. Dambulla is a scent of unique interest. Its rock temples are the most extensive in the Island, and one of the most ancient, and in the highest state of preservation and order.(photo Stop only).
- Sigiriya Museum (Pass By) The Sigiriya Museum known to be the most beautiful museums in all of South Asia is managed by the central Cultural Fund. This museum represents the cultural, technological and archeological value of Sigiriya. The Sigiriya Museum allows its visitors to explore three decades of archeological research on Sigiriya. The design of the Sigiriya museum was inspired by the complex design systems evident in Sigiriya itself. Most importantly the cleaver use of water, where it both enhances the beauty and quality of the environment as well as the conservation of it for the purpose of irrigation is been replicated here at the Sigiriya Museum. (combine with Sigiriya rock fortress).
- Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress Sigiriya is the most exquisite example of ancient Sri Lankan art, architecture and landscaping. Built over 1,600 years ago, the now sinister-looking 600 ft high black rock once appeared like a massive dazzling white cloud floating above the surrounding forests. Its sides were painted with beautiful frescoes of semi-naked nymphs. A large gatehouse in the form of a lion guarded the entrance to the innermost sanctum of the city – the Sky Palace on top of the rock. Sigiriya burst briefly into pre-eminence and was then abandoned and lay hidden in the forests for nearly 1,500 years. The climb to the top is strenuous but it is worth it. Definitely a must visit site!
- Oakray Woodcarvings From typical wooden elephant ornaments to the more intricately carved wooden traditional masks, Oak Ray Wood Carving boasts of one of the more comprehensive wood carving collections in Sri Lanka. The ‘Oak Ray’ brand, primarily catering to the hospitality needs of tourists has diversified its name into the niche of handicrafts and has quickly become a go-to establishment to find that perfect memento of your journey around the Paradise Island of Sri Lanka.
- Bottled water
- English Speaking Driver cum Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off by air conditioned vehicle
- Complimentary Wifi Access During the Travel Subject To Availability
- Guide Assistance in Sigiriya Lion Rock (English,German, French, Spanish )
- Seasonal fruits King Coconut.
- Food and Beverages, unless specified
- Entrance Fees
No Details Found
There are no reviews yet.